New Destination…Newcastle, NSW Australia will be the host City for delegates from across the world as the highly anticipated inaugural DiG Festival and Conference commences.
The City of Newcastle rests on a peninsula bordered by a magnificent working harbour and our world renowned surfing beaches.
Imagine waking to morning views as the waves lap the shores of Newcastle Beach, the sand between your toes as you start the day with a refreshing walk, the salt in the air, the smell of coffee brewing from the boutique coffee house.. or watch as our tugs bring the latest ship or cruise liner into our beautiful harbour.
As the second oldest city in New South Wales, Newcastle is steeped in history with heritage-listed buildings and a community proud of its 205 year old colonial past. It is on this basis that the Social Activities Program has been created to deliver new experiences at some of Newcastle’s most poignant locations.
Just two hours north of Australia’s favourite City of Sydney, Newcastle is an unexpected and well hidden treasure.
Whether you’re young or young at heart, Newcastle offers a variety of options to fulfil your travel
- Newcastle CBD and City Centre – the active hub that lines the shores of our working harbour
- Civic Cultural Precinct – the Soul of the City
- Newcastle East – take a step back in time to discover our City’s and a story or two
- Newcastle West – the Gateway to our fair City
- The Junction – Newcastle’s boutique shopping village
- Hamilton – Beaumont Street, our cultural beating heart
- Cooks Hill – Darby Street, the lifeblood of this inner city suburb and home to the city’s finest coffee shops
- Newcastle East Heritage Walk – historical points of interest with spectacular coastal views
- A ‘Novocastrians’’ favourite delight – Kind Edward Park, The Bogey Hole, Newcastle Baths, The Obelisk, Convict Lumber Yard and the Newcastle Region Art Gallery
Newcastle is home to the world-renowned Hunter Medical Research Institute and University of Newcastle, four National sporting sides, home to Australia’s best beaches and world-class vineyards. Oh, and we are home to the world’s largest working coal harbour.
Newcastle and the Hunter Valley, a world-class sophisticated region of opportunity will extend to you its history, beaches, vineyards and recreational lifestyle
DiG Festival accommodation guide.